Joined: 22 May 2009
|Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:20 pm Post subject: Creatine side effects
|- Creatine has been said to produce hypertension when consumed in more frequent high doses. It could be due to increased water retention in the body.
- Some of the health care experts state that daily usage of creatine may become habit and supplement taker does not feel energetic if they miss the dose!
- Creatine may put on the weight and make person obese, over the times. According to expert from University of Nottingham, England, this is again initially due to water retention and subsequent gains could
be due to the muscles that have increased due to the workload (especially in body builders).
- Creatine, if taken in inappropriate dosage, can cause gastrointestinal distress and nausea.
- In over dosage, creatine can cause seizures, muscle cramps and dehydration.
- A person with preexisting renal disease may develop renal distress while on creatine supplements. It is believed that in such person, creatine can make kidneys overloaded.