The Visual Weight Loss System - VEEP

DISCUSSION FORUMS

RECENT POSTS
Last mind I exercise with a set of weights, and...
Losing excess fat doesn't have to be difficult....
A healthy diet is able of improving and...
Hi i am ceejay. Glad i joined this community...
TOP DISCUSSIONS
Stress Eating - FIRST!!!
Walking
anti-inflammatories and weight gain
100lbs to lose
MOST ACTIVE
Tigger
Interests:
Latest Quote:I hadn't even thought of swimming. It...

GI Jane
Interests:
Latest Quote:Keep it up! 4 days is better than no...

New users Return users
 
FAQFAQSearchSearchUsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesLog inLog in

Challenge w/ muscle mass

Post new topicReply to topic lookcut.com Forum Index -> Challenges and Triumphs
Author Message
WheelyFamous



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:25 pm Post subject: Challenge w/ muscle mass Reply with quote

I struggle with training to tone up and lose body fat which ends up having my muscles bulk up. I understand in order to decrease body fat percentage you must increase muscle mass to a certain degree. I don't want to look like "The weight lifting champ of the world" Cool I use small amounts of weight w/ cardio too. My eating habits remain healthy except the occasional frozen yogurt. I started using Body Glo as a breakfast beverage to support me in the nutrients I lack. Any suggestions...?
Back to top
GI Jane



Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 83

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Most women will not "bulk up" if using weight training to get in shape, regardless of how often or how heavy they train. We don't have the right hormones for it (we don't produce enough testosterone). Women actually experience the opposite, and tend to get lean with weight training.

New training clients of mine often have this misconception with they first start. After a month or two, though, they quickly see the results they want and are "converts".

So my advice to you is lift weights. Get in there with the guys and mix it up; use the dumbbells and bench press. If that is too intimidating, then do it in the comfort of your home. But whatever you do, lift weights. It is the most effective way to get the results you are after, and you'll find yourself looking like a swimsuit model and not a "weight lifting champion of the world."
Back to top
Patti



Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, women typically don't have an issue with really bulking up. Many of those in magazines are on extreme diets and taking enhancement drugs to look like that. I'd also suggest not too heavy of weights. Do whatever you can find that you enjoy (so you will stick with it). Muscle is so much better than fat.
Back to top
mdelprince



Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:39 pm Post subject: The ideal combo for women Reply with quote

If you are looking to lose weight and tone up, it's imperative to revolve your workout around cardio. Especially with women, the combination of cardiovascular exercises and light weightlifting is what is going to give you that lean look you're striving for. If you're strictly looking to tone up and lose weight, I would estimate that 60% of your time spent at the gym should be devoted to different forms of cardio, while the remaining 40% should be spent doing high repetition, low weight lifting exercises.
Back to top
pef1996



Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that you need to pick weights that you can lift and lift comfortably. If you try working with something that is too hard, you'll give up too easily. Sometimes I feel stupid lifting say 30lbs when the guy next to me is lifting over 100lbs, but everyone is different. Good luck becoming lean! That's my plan!
Back to top
Tigger



Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

True. Lift what you can lift comfortably, because if you don't enjoy something, you won't stick with it.
Back to top
Mork



Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes keeping a notebook of all your fitness goals might help you achieve what you are looking for. It is worth a shot.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topicReply to topic lookcut.com Forum Index -> Challenges and Triumphs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1